Windows Phone Backup error and How to fix it
How to backup in case of an error
Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile allow you to make a backup that includes information about the Live Tile layout, background, apps and some other settings, which can be quickly restored when setting up a new phone or after a hard reset. The backup is stored on the Windows Cloud and saves you a lot of time, as it automatically restores settings and starts downloading all apps from the Store.
Sometimes, Windows Phone may display an error message during a backup attempt, saying something like “There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later”. Fortunately, there is a quick fix that resolves this issue and allows you to backup your phone:
For Windows 10 Mobile:
- Go to Settings → Backup → More options → Scroll down and Tap on ‘Go to OneDrive.com
- Edge browser opens your OneDrive account with all Device Backups
- Tap ‘Delete’ to remove previous backups that may cause the error message
- Go to Settings → Backup → Tap on ‘Back up Now’
For Windows Phone 8.1:
- Go to Apps + Settings → Manage Backups
- Windows Phone 8.1 checks for old backups on the Cloud
- Press Delete to remove all previous backups
- Apps + Settings → Tap ‘Back up now’
The steps above fix should fix your problems. If you still see an error message, then the problem is probably related to some of the apps or the lock screen wallpaper. Removing all lockscreen apps and changing the lockscreen to default picture may help.