- We fixed an issue where some apps could not subscribe to SMS receive notifications.
- We fixed an issue for Windows Insiders where some binaries stopped working when transitioning from Insider Preview builds to officially released builds.
- We fixed an audio issue with Bluetooth headphones after Cortana reads an incoming SMS message to the user.
Windows 10 PC Insiders get many new features in build 16226
Windows 10 Mobile remains on a maintenance mode
We have two new Insider builds to play with – one for Windows 10 PC and one for Windows 10 Mobile. As all past releases after the official Creators Update in the spring, the PC and the Mobile builds are from different branches – Redstone 3 for PCs and feature2 (call it Redstone 2+) for smartphones. So, while the PCs got all the attention and new features, the mobile version remains on a maintenance mode, at least publicly, receiving only minor performance improvements and fixes.
What’s new for Windows 10 PCs (build 16226):
- Microsoft Edge: more control over closing tabs; easier to move from a different browser; copy and ask Cortana; Ink notes; Books sync across devices; favorites as a directory tree; Edit URL
- Emoji: ver 5.0 with support for latest Unicode updates; accessible via both touch and keyboard; search bar; dark theme
- OneDrive: Placeholders – files on demand
- Touch Keyboard: the mobile keyboard is available for PCs; support for shape writing; text predictions; one hand mode; many performance improvements
- Gaming improvements
- Settings changes and improvements: the ability to delete previous versions of Windows from Storage Sense: New remote desktop settings page; improved update experience
- Shell improvements, improvements for IT Pros
What’s new for Windows 10 Mobile (build 15226):