Windows 10 official update 10586.420 for Phones and PCs available for everyone
Non-Insiders and Release Preview members can install the June cumulative update
The official public build of Windows 10 for PC and Phone is now 10586.420 as Microsoft has just rolled out the June cumulative update to all non-Insiders and those on the Release Preview. With build 10586.420, Microsoft focuses on performance and stability improvements in order to improve the user experience.
Windows 10 build 10586.420 comes with the following changes for phones:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem that sometimes resulted in a crash when performing a search, and corrections to inaccurate times after Daylight Savings Time (DST) on meeting cards and reminders.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while syncing mail using IMAP.
- Improvements to the Maps app, including better stability, improved accuracy, and reduced latency with driving directions.
- Improved reliability of syncing text messages from the phone to the cloud.
- Reduced amount of time it takes some phones to completely power off after “Goodbye” disappears.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to re-add a primary Microsoft account without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to install keyboard and languages without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Reduced the number of days a phone can go without restarting to receive an update from 14 days to 7 days.
- Fix for a problem that caused the phone to stop ringing from an incoming call, if interrupted by an SMS.
- Fix for a problem that caused Project My Screen to stop working on some phones.
Changes for PC:
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Cortana, audio playback, audio playback in Groove Music app, Maps app, Miracast, and Windows Explorer.
- Fixed issue with balloon tip notifications always appearing in the upper left side of the screen.
- Fixed issue that caused VPN to not work properly when switching between different network interfaces (for example, switching between Wi-Fi and cellular).
- Improved Narrator’s ability to read bulleted lists, hyperlinks, and image information.
- Fixed issue in location that caused navigation apps to lag behind user’s actual location.
- Improved performance of loading webpages in Internet Explorer 11 when roaming user profiles are used.
- Fixed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Bluetooth, Cortana, Wi-Fi, Windows Camera app, revised daylight saving time, USB, TPM, Graphics, Group Policy, downloading music or movies purchased through the Windows Store, Network Diagnostics and Windows Explorer.
- Fixed security issues with Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Server Message Block (SMB) Server, Microsoft Graphics Component, Group Policy, DNS Server, Windows Diagnostic Hub, Kernel mode drivers, Microsoft Windows PDF, Windows Structured Query, Adobe Flash Player, JScript and VBScript, and Web Proxy Autodiscovery Protocol (WPAD).