Windows 10 Mobile – Redstone Build 14267 available in the Fast Ring
The first Redstone build brings a number of fixes and improvements
Microsoft has just released the first mobile build from their Development branch (Redstone Update) for this year. Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 14267 is now available for Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring, but only for devices that shipped with Windows 10 Mobile (Microsoft Lumia 950, 950 XL, 650 and Lumia 550), and the Xiaomi Mi 4. Microsoft plans to expand the Redstone Preview as they release Windows 10 Mobile to other devices.
Redstone Build 14267 for Lumia 950/ XL, 650, 550 and Xiaomi Mi4 includes a number of new features and enhancements over the last public preview build – 10586.107.
[UPDATE] Important: Lumia 550 owners urged not to install this build because of a serious bug causing the battery not to charge.
Here’s what’s new:
- Messaging + Skype: you can finally attach and send photos by tapping on the paperclip icon in the message window. You can also invoke the Camera app to take a photo, or attach a location.
- Download prompts in Edge: the Browser shows a prompt to start or cancel a download
- Word Flow for Microsoft Edge: Word flow now works in the address bar in Microsoft Edge
- Search for Music in Cortana: A music search icon has been added to the top right window of Cortana. Tap on the icon to have Cortana listen for the song that’s playing.
- Open InPrivate Tabs in Microsoft Edge is easier: The button to create a new InPrivate tab has been moved next to the new tab button at the bottom.
Here’s what’s fixed:
- The company fixed an issue where shape writing would ignore every second word when typing into a text box on a website in Microsoft Edge.
- After installing the Polish keyboard, typing a word that should be accented now offers the recommended accented word. For example – if you type the word “milosc” it should properly autocorrect to “miłość”.
- Fixed an issue where you could not hide the navigation bar in Windows Phone 8.1 apps like WhatsApp, Twitter, Weibo, Flixster and others.
- Fixed an issue where videos recorded onto SD memory cards would result in a large number of dropped frames.
- There should be improved app launch reliability and certain crashes that were causing the phone to reboot are also fixed.
- Microsoft polished the Live tile animations and improved the logic for refreshing Live tiles.
- Reliability improvements for keyboards with large dictionaries such as the Hinglish keyboard.
There is only one known issue in this build:
Visual Voicemail notification and delivery is not working in this build; causing devices to not receive any new visual voicemails. You can manually check your voicemail by calling your voicemail to listen to any new messages. You can call your voicemail within the Phone app by clicking “…” > Settings > “Change more settings for Phone” > “Call voicemail”; this will also leave the Voicemail call in your history to make checking voicemail easier.