Nokia Pro Cam is available, tips for perfect photos
Nokia Pro Cam is a new powerful tool for your Lumia with the PureView imaging technology. That means you can use the Pro Cam only if you have Lumia 1020, 920, 925 or 928. Nokia Pro Cam comes pre-loaded on the Lumia 1020 and is now rolling out to all Lumia 92x phones with the Lumia Amber update.
Pro Cam is not a regular photo app, it is much more. It gives you a full control over the imaging process and it unlocks the full potential of your PureView camera. According to Engadget, this is “the best camera app on any platform” and combined with the PureView smartphones it can deliver extraordinary results.
With Nokia Pro Camera you can control shutter speed, exposure time, ISO, white balance, and manual focus. You can reframe, rotate and change the aspect ratio of your pictures. The app enables HD videos with high-quality stereo sound. You can download the Nokia Pro Cam from here, but remember – you need a PureView device with the latest Amber update.
If you are a photography beginner you may have some difficulties trying to produce the best shots. However, Pro Cam arrives with interactive tutorials explaining some basic terms. But if you want maximum results, Moody Caplan, a mobile photography expert shares some useful tips, trying to make your life easier. Here are some of them:
- Use a Framing Grid
- The most important values are Shutter Speed and ISO
- Change the shutter speed if your photo is too blurry
- For extreme close ups, use the manual focus dial and don’t move your device
- If your daily pictures are blurry, use a very fast shutter speed and eliminate the handshakes
- Change the white balance for more accurate colors
- If you have over exposed portion of the picture, dial down exposure compensation
… and something very important, try to be more creative.