- Get into the action with 360° videos—tilt or drag in any direction to look around. (Windows 10 Creators Update required)
- Binge-watch previews of our new and pre-order movies using the new Trailer gallery.
- Explore a broad range of movies and TV shows, including titles picked just for you.
- All the movies and TV shows you’ve bought or rented are now together on one page.
- Play a broader range of video formats. For MPEG-2 videos, you’ll be prompted to download an extension containing the codecs you need. (Windows 10 Creators Update required)
Movies & TV app updated with support for 360-degree videos
The new feature requires the Creators Update
Microsoft seeded a new version of Movies & TV app to Windows Insiders in the Fast and Slow Ring. Version 10.17021 is live for PC and Phone, including many new features and improvements. Most notably, the app now supports 360-degree videos so you could tilt and drag in any direction to look around.
Similarly to the MPEG-2 support, the 360-degree videos can be played only on devices running the Redstone 2 Update (Creators Update) or Insider builds. Microsoft is believed to be releasing the Creators Update in April for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.