- Make sure your phone is running on Windows 10 Mobile.
- You are going to change registry entry of your phone.
- Download the interlop tools here.
- Change your registry to below details:
- [SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo] Name: PhoneModelName Type: VALUE Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Value Type: 1 Value: Lumia 950 XL
- [SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo] Name: PhoneHardwareVariant Type: VALUE Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Value Type: 1 Value: RM-1085
- [SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo] Name: PhoneManufacturerModelName Type: VALUE Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Value Type: 1 Value: RM-1085_15217
How to install Redstone 3 builds on unsupported Windows phones
How to download build 15205 or higher on phones like Lumia 930
Microsoft is planning to upgrade 13 of the smartphones running Windows 10 Mobile to Redstone 2, and only these 13 devices can continue to receive builds from the Redstone 3 branch via Windows Insiders. The company already shipped the first post-RS2 build with number 15205, and more builds will be coming soon. Although phones like the Lumia 1520 and 930 won’t be supported beyond the RS1 update, they can still download and install future test builds after a registry change.
Here is how you can download Windows 10 Mobile build 15xxx or newer (Redstone 3) on any unsupported Windows phone:
Keep in mind that phones like the Lumia 930 can still download the Redstone 2 update from the Insider program (Release Preview ring), so there is no need to change the registry entries if you are not planning to join the RS3 test branch.