Improved Battery Saver for Windows Phone 8.1 build 14203
Time Filters, Real live tile, quick settings and more
Microsoft released a new version of the Battery Saver app. Version 1.0.14201.0 is already live in the store but many of the new features require Windows Phone build 8.1.14203. That means a new version of the OS is coming soon to all Preview for Developers devices and will replace the current build 14192.
The updated Battery Saver for Windows 8.1 will give you more options to monitor app consumption thanks to new filters and bars showing how much a particular app consumes in the foreground or background.
Another new feature is the ability to add the Saver to the Action Center for quick access. This feature along with Real Live Tile require built OS 14203 which is expected in the coming days (or maybe weeks).
Here is the list with all changes in the Battery Saver app:
- Usage bars with percentages showing apps consumption in the background & foreground
- Time Filters – You can specify the statistic by timeframe (last 24 hours, 2 days or 1 week)
- Real Live Tile – If pinned to the Start screen the Tile shows updates in real time
- Quick launch – You can add the app in the quick settings menu in the Notification Center
- The Saver can be turned on until next charge
- Improvements in bars scaling for better visibility
You can update the Battery Saver now but keep in mind that many of the functionalities listed here require a new OS build for participants in the Preview program which is due soon.
[Update 14.11.2014]: build 14203 is now available to download