Firmware Update for Lumia 950/950 XL brings many improvements and Double-Tap to Wake
Double tap to wake is finally available for Lumia 950 & 950 XL
The new firmware for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL, spotted on the Windows Device Recovery Tool a few days ago, is now available for everyone as an OTA (over-the-air) update. The firmware update is now live for many devices around the world, regardless of their production status (Insiders or not). Among the new features in this build are the much-wanted Double-tap to wake, photo & video improvements, WiFi fixes, and more. Here is the official changelog from Microsoft:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
To update your Lumia 950/950 XL go to Settings and tap Update & Security → Phone Update. Keep in mind that the availability of firmware 01078.00053.16236.35xxx may depend on the phone model, region or network provider. Microsoft usually rolls out new firmware updates in waves, so if you are not seeing the update now you can check again in a few days.