Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.71 available for Insiders
New cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile
Microsoft has released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586. The new build for Fast Ring Insiders includes a number of bug fixes, performance improvements and a configuration package that prepares the devices for future builds.
Windows 10 Mobile 10586.71 is a result of Windows Insider feedback, so the end result should be visible improvements in the performance and reliability of the OS.
Microsoft is expected to start rolling out the official Windows 10 Mobile update to the old Lumias in mid-February. Build 10586.71 could be one of the candidates for that official release.
Here’s what’s new in the latest build:
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.