Windows Phone stats for May 2016
Windows 10 Mobile increases its share to 10.4%
The new Windows Phone statistics report by AdDuplex reveals some interesting trends for the phone usage around the globe.
One of the most popular ‘new’ phones these days is the Lumia 640. The device already reached the fourth place globally and took the lead in the US.
The new generation of Lumia phones hasn’t entered the top 10 in any market, but in Germany the Lumia 950 (3.1%) is just behind the 640 XL (3.2%) for the 10th place.
Other interesting facts:
- Acer is the sixth “largest” manufacturer with a share less than 0.26%
- Microsoft / Nokia phones account for 97.1%
- Windows 10 Mobile is on 10.4% of all active devices
- 23% of all phones that run Windows 10 Mobile are new phones – released with Windows 10 Mobile out of the box
- 14.4% of all phones that run Windows 10 Mobile are Insider phones
- 85.6% of the phones are running official builds