Windows 10 PC updated to version 14393.479 for non-Insiders
December cumulative update arrives this week to smartphones
Microsoft released the December cumulative update for Windows 10 PC with build 14393.479. The new build arrives with update package KB320184, rolling out to production devices (non-insiders).
The update comes with many performance improvements and fixes, according to official changelog:
- Improved the reliability of mobile device management (MDM) disenrollment, Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM), Peripheral Component Interface and PowerShell.
- Addressed issue that causes excessive battery drain if you have a Chinese Input Method Editor installed and use Windows Hello to log in.
- Addressed issue with OLE drag and drop that prevents users from downloading a SharePoint document library as a file.
- Addressed issue with Super Floppy-formatted fixed media devices that are not recognized by Windows 10 Anniversary Update or accessible in Windows Explorer.
- Addressed issue that causes the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) client to fail installation when a device is re-imaged using the SCCM task sequence.
- Addressed issue that causes the loss of optional component (OC) state information, including all Hyper-V virtual machines, after upgrade.
- Addressed issue that causes Windows Explorer to display information that’s inconsistent with what’s stored on the Floppy disk.
- Addressed issue that, after connecting a shared CD/DVD-hosted drive with no media inserted, causes some of the commands, like DIR and NET USE, to hang.
- Addressed issue where customers cannot use directory cache sizes greater than 64 KB.
- Addressed issue where Windows Explorer sometimes does not prompt for credentials when a user logs on using a Microsoft account.
- Addressed additional issues with application compatibility and Internet Explorer
This week, on Tuesday, Windows 10 Mobile should also receive an official cumulative update for December. Build 14393.575 could the build rolling out to production devices on December 13. This build was compiled on December 7.