Windows 10 Mobile Update 10586.242: What’s new?
The cumulative update is available on the Release Preview Ring
Microsoft published a new cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile with build number 10586.242. This update is currently available only for Insiders on the Release Preview Ring, but it should be heading to all non-Insider (Production) devices next week (maybe on Tuesday, May 3).
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.242 continues to improve the performance and fix bugs for mobile devices. Similarly to the past cumulative updates for build 10586, no new features are included in this build. The company also released build 10586.240 for PC. Here is the changelog (for both Desktop and Mobile):
- Improvements to general application compatibility.
- Improvements in the upgrade experience, including fixing an issue where some devices would lose – data connections or touch input after upgrading to Windows 10.
- Improved the reliability of reminders.
- Improved UI for tracking data usage under Settings > Network and wireless > Data usage.
- Improved the navigation bar experience for some devices.
- Fixed an issue where some SD card readers were not recognized.
- Updated Daylight Savings in countries with Daylight Savings changes.