Cumulative update 10568.164 released to all devices on Windows 10 Mobile
Microsoft released the new cumulative update to Production, Slow and Release Preview rings
Microsoft has published a new mobile build for all devices that shipped with Windows 10 Mobile and those Insiders on the Slow and Release Preview Rings. Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.164 is another cumulative update of the production version 10586. Logically, this update doesn’t add new features, and only includes some performance improvements and under the hood fixes over the previous Insider build – x.122.
Microsoft hasn’t provided a changelog, but learn that Build 10589.164 is the most likely candidate for the long-awaited official Windows 10 Update for the old Lumia phones.
To install Update 10586.164 right now, via the Insider program, you need to select Insider Slow or Release Preview ring. Those Insiders on the Fast ring with Lumia 950, 950 XL, 550 and 650 are already on the Redstone branch, so they won’t see the new update.
Microsoft also released today a PC build with the same number (10586.164) to non-Insider PCs.
[Update] Here is the changelog:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.