Windows 10 Mobile test build 10581 now available for Insiders
You can upgrade directly to the new build
Microsoft has rolled out a new test version of Windows 10 Mobile to Fast Ring Windows Insiders. The version number is 10581 and this time you can upgrade your phone directly without going back to Windows Phone 8.1.
Windows 10 Mobile build 10581 doesn’t have new features, bit it fixes many bugs and improves the overall performance.
Here’s what has been fixed and improved:
- Hey Cortana is available for supported devices – Lumia 930, 1520, Icon. Make sure the feature is enabled: Settings → Extras → Hey Cortana
- Photo sharing via third-party apps works
- Improved battery life
- All supported apps can be selected to show quick status on the Lock screen
- Text-prediction and auto correction improvements
- Video recording has been fixed
- Dual-SIM issues in Build 10572 have been fixed
- Improved Lock screen animation
There are some bugs as well:
- A black screen may appear for about 5 minutes after applying the update. Do nothing and just wait.
- Default save locations for phones with SD cards are not working. Whatever you had configured for your save locations in the previous build will be the same. If you hard-reset after the update the settings go back to default and you cannot change them.
- Apps moved to the SD card may crash. Reboot the phone to solve the problem.
- Restoring backups from phones with different resolutions may corrupt your Start Screen.