Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 2: Creators Update changelog
What’s new in the Creators Update for Windows 10 Mobile
Although the Creators Update (RS2) 2017 is mainly focused on creativity and 3D experience for Windows PC, all supported mobile devices will also benefit from the improvements in One Core and will get many new features and small changes. Below, you can find the unofficial changelog for Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update, which is based on blog posts for Insider Preview builds and changes noticed by us.
Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update (Redstone 2) changelog:
- Switch off the phone’s screen while using Continuum. Previously, it would break the connection.
- New Device page with settings combining Bluetooth settings and Connected devices
- The ability to send feedback from the Settings
- New section ‘Apps’
- Ease of Access now includes mono option. Use only one earbud to hear sound from the phone, while the other is free.
- Wi-Fi Settings has a new section ‘WiFi services’ that combines ‘WiFi Sense’ and ‘Connect to suggested open hotspot’
- Background apps can be enabled/disabled via toggle switches in Settings → Privacy → Background apps
- Data Usage has new options to ‘restrict data while roaming’ and ‘use cellular data instead of WiFi’.
- Reset apps: Reset a UWP app to its original state. Go to Settings → System → Storage. Find the app and tap on ‘Reset’.
- Improved high contrast
- Improved scrolling in UWP apps
- Apps for Websites: associate apps to open links in the browser
- View 3D: view/spin 3D graphics embedded in documents / websites
- Pause Updates: pause updates for up to 35 days. Settings → Update & Security → Phone Update
- Backup improvements: less frequent automatic backups.
- built-in EBUP reader. Download and read ebooks directly from Edge. You can customize font and theme, navigate through the book, bookmark and more.
- Read aloud: Let Microsoft Edge read aloud the ebook for you.
- Snooze: you can set a Cortana reminder for a website and then tap on the notification in the Action center to open that site.
- Web payments: Payment Request APIs are supported. Soon you will be able to make payments using the Wallet app through the browser.
- Emoji: updated emoji
- Text scaling and zoom improvements
- Text predictions for more languages
- Remove words from the dictionary
- You can stop auto-correction
- Disable ‘Glance screen when the device is charging’. Settings → Personalization → Glance Screen.
- Collections: group together suggestions or feedback for similar problems.
- new section ‘Books’
- turn on ‘Quiet hours’ from the Action Center
- Control music playback using voice (English only)
- What’s playing icon in the main window
- Reminders for every month and every year
- Enterprises can encrypt SD cards when the device encryption is enabled from Settings > Update & Security → Device encryption.
- new Bluetooth APIs
- better support for Yahoo mail accounts
- faster iris recognition in Windows Hello
- Apps Corner
Microsoft may change some other things in the coming weeks before the official Redstone 2 update in April/May. We will update this article if there is something new.