Windows 10 Mobile 10586.218 is now available to everyone
Cumulative update 10586.218 released for Windows 10 phones
Microsoft has just unleashed the April cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile. Build 10586.218 is immediately available to Windows Insiders on the Release Preview ring, but it should also begin rolling out to the rest (Production/Retail devices) of the Windows 10 phones very soon.
Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.218 includes many bug fixes and performance improvements. Here’s what is new in this release:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Support for Visual Voicemail on Dual SIM phones.
- Improvements for Bluetooth connectivity, including the reliability of connecting to and staying connected with Bluetooth devices.
- Fix for a problem that caused audio playback to get occasionally interrupted in Groove Music and other music apps when phone display was turned off.
- Improvements for Microsoft Edge browser, including support for configuring a prompt before a file download occurs, support for background downloads, and a fix for a problem where opening a link from an another app wouldn’t load the web page.
- Reliability improvements for Cortana reading text messages aloud and usability improvements for Quiet Hours feature.
- Improvements for Store reliability, including a fix for a problem that prevented some apps from being updated and installed.
- Fix for a problem that occasionally caused some apps to show blank tiles after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Improvements for PC connectivity via USB on some phones that were upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.