What’s new in Windows 10 Mobile Redstone build 143xx
New Insider Redstone build to be released next week
This week, Microsoft released a new PC build (14316) for Insiders on the Fast ring, while the Mobile build was called off due to a bug with the cellular connection. The company announced on Twitter that a fix is on the way, and we can expect a release in the coming days.
It’s Saturday and that means we are likely to get hands on the new Insider Redstone build (with number 143xx) in the week starting on April 11.
The upcoming Insider Redstone build 10.0.143xx for Mobile includes a number of changes in Action Center, Battery management, Settings and more. Here’s what’s new:
- Battery Saver is now just ‘Battery’. You can see the remaining battery level, estimated time remaining, and change the Battery Saver Settings in the same window.
- Glance Screen settings have been moved from ‘Extras’ to ‘Personalization’.
- Double tap to wake up the phone has been moved from ‘Touch’ to ‘Lock Screen’ – just above ‘Double tap the navigation bar to turn off the screen’
- You can now control priority and number of app notifications in the Notification Center. Go to Settings → System → Notifications & Actions. Then select an app and change its options
- New ‘Update Settings’ in Update and Security → Phone Update. You can change Active Hours – the phone won’t automatically restart to finish an update during active hours.
- The navigation bar on the Lock Screen displays a Camera icon instead of a Back button for the following phones: Lumia 535, 535 Dual SIM, 540 Dual SIM, 640 Dual SIM, 640 Dual SIM DTV, 640 LTE, 640 LTE Dual SIM, 640 XL, 640 XL Dual SIM, 640 XL LTE, 640 XL LTE Dual SIM, 730 Dual SIM, 735, Lumia 550, 650, 650 Dual SIM, 950, 950 Dual SIM, 950 XL i 950 XL Dual SIM. Tapping and holding the Camera icon for a second starts the camera.
- Microsoft Edge has a new option in the menu – Go Forward. There are also improvements in webpage rendering, while users can sort favorites by name.