Office Mobile for Windows 10 gets new features
New improvements rolling out to Windows Insiders
Microsoft has announced many improvements coming to the Office Mobile apps on Windows 10. The new features listed below have already been rolled out to those in the Insider Slow ring. Here is is the changelog:
Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Make your pictures pop: Add Shadow and Reflection to enhance pictures in your documents, workbooks, and presentations.
- Use Your pen to select and change objects: Now, you can use the Surface pen in Word to grab object handles to resize, rotate, move, and more.
- Open more files: You can now open many more types of files in Excel. For example, you can open files that contain form controls.
- Notes with style: Keep a consistent look across your notes when you use built-in styles for headings, quotes, code, and more.
- Insert space: Your page is full of notes, but you can add extra space in the left margin or the middle of the page with the magical Insert Space tool.
- Format painter: Magically copy your bold, italic, underlined, purple, 18 point, Lucida Sans formatting from one heading to another. Think of the time you’ll save!
- Choose how you paste: When you paste, you can keep the original formatting, paste just the text, or paste as an image.
- Background pictures: Set a picture as the background of your notes so you can type right over it. This allows you to type over forms, or annotate pictures.
- Open multiple notebooks: Quickly open multiple notebooks to get to your content faster. Just tap the notebooks you want and open them all at once, rather than one-by-one.
- Show or hide authors: See other authors’ initials next to their changes in a shared workbook, or hide the initials for a cleaner look.
- To check or not to check: Turn off the Check Spelling option when you just don’t need it.
- Set your defaults: You know what you like. Pick your favorite font, size, and color to use as the default for new notes
To get all these improvements before everyone, you need to become an Insider and select the Slow ring. Microsoft will update the Office Mobile apps for non-Insiders in the coming weeks.