Microsoft is getting closer to the Windows 10 Creators Update for PCs
Insider build 15060 brings additional fixes and improvements
The new test build of Windows 10 Desktop in the Insider fast ring is number 15060, up from build 15055 released earlier this week. With this build, Microsoft is getting a step closer to the official launch of the Creators Update for PCs, originally scheduled for April 11. Build 15060 brings more fixes in several key areas of the OS, including the browser and UWP apps. Here is the full change log:
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Settings icon appearing plating in the taskbar. This issue also resulted in another issue now fixed, where if Settings had been pinned to Start, the tile would become greyed out after the first time it was clicked. Thank you all for your feedback on this.
- We fixed an issue resulting in 3rd party IMEs not showing up in Settings after being installed.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where quickly typing and deleting characters into a website’s search box while using the MS Pinyin IME might result in the IME becoming stuck and the website showing “Not responding”.
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 devices should no longer fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted if you have the latest Surface drivers and firmware installed.
- We fixed an issue where taskhost.exe might crash after pressing Tab while quickly typing in UWP app sign in fields, resulting in not being able to type for a few seconds.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders where, after a crash, Microsoft Edge might fail to launch again for a few minutes because previous instances were still suspended in the background.
- We fixed the issues occurring when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).
Microsoft is also expected to roll out a new test build for Windows 10 Mobile to the members of the public beta program in the coming days. This upcoming build for phones should fix some annoying bugs such as errors when updating apps in the store.