May cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile now available
Microsoft rolls out updates to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile
Microsoft has started rolling out the May cumulative update for Windows 10 devices today. The update brings phones and PCs to build 10586.318.
With this cumulative update, the company improves the overall performance and fixes problems reported by users. Keep in mind that the May cumulative update is only for production devices and Insiders on the Release preview ring, while Fast and Slow ring insiders have already moved to the Dev branch with Redstone.
To check for updates, tap Settings → Update and Security -> Phone Update and press ”Check for updates”.
Key improvements for Phones in the May update include:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
- Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
- Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
- Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
- Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
- Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
- Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.