Lumia 950 / 950XL camera details emerge: ISO 12800, F1.9, natural pixel processing
Microsoft to lure photographers with many exciting features
Microsoft is yet to unveil all details and show photo and video samples, but according to Juha Alakarhu, who is responsible for the camera department, Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL will offer significantly improved quality of photos and video in all lighting conditions.
The smartphones come with a new 20MP PureView camera with 6-lens optics, 1/2.4″ sensor and f/1.9. There is a 5th generation optical image stabilization, Natural flash thanks to three LEDs, fast focus, improved dynamic exposure, content aware exposure times, and natural pixel processing. All these improvements should provide great looking photos even in challenging situations with no light.
Lumia 950 / 950 XL camera features:
- 20MP auto focus with two-stage capture key
- Digital zoom: 2x
- 6-lens optics
- Optical image stabilization
- Sensor size: 1/2.4″
- F-number/aperture: f/1.9
- Maximum ISO: 12800
- Focal length: 26mm
- Content-aware exposure times
- Next-gen dynamic exposure: Two exposure times in the same image. Short for moving and long for static part in Rich capture.
- Flash type: Natural flash
- Features: Backside-illuminated image sensor, High-resolution zoom 2x, PureView, True 16:9 sensor, Fast Focus
- Minimum focus range: 10cm
- shareable living images
- 1080p 60fps support
- Lumia Rich Audio Recording with four microphones