Known issues in Insider Preview build 14342
Here are the known bugs in the new Redstone build
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14342 comes with a relatively short list with known issues. Here is the list:
- After your device reboots from installing this update, if it gets stuck as the Windows logo – let it sit and be patient. It might appear frozen but its still working in the background. While you wait, it is recommended you plug your phone in and let it charge as well.
For some users, waiting 30-40 minutes didn’t complete the install. Looks like forcing a reboot will help in this situation.
If you have waited and the install did not continue, do the following:
Hold the Power + Volume Down keys for 11 seconds. The device will vibrate and reboot. Allow the device to reboot. Device should continue with installation. If the device again stops at the Windows logo screen, please leave the device connected to a charger and wait. This bug, while a bit painful to work through, does not break your device. Please be patient during this update and your device will complete it as expected.
- We are investigating data issues with some Dual-SIM devices where cellular data doesn’t work correctly with a second SIM. Several issues relating to cellular data with Dual-SIM devices have been reported by Insiders with the last two Mobile builds and we’re investigating these reports.
- Feedback Hub is not localized and the UI will be in English (U.S.) only, even with language packs installed.
- We have reduced the number of instances where boxes are seen when entering emoji. You may still see them in some text fields – we’re working on it!
- The Settings app may crash when you are re-arranging Quick Actions under Settings > System > Notification & actions. If it does, it could result in one of the Quick Action spots disappearing. If you see this happen, please refrain from changing your Quick Action settings on this build. If you have been impacted by this issue, only a hard reset will revert your Quick Action settings back to default.