Insider Preview build for PC brings tons of new features, Mobile build is on the way
Windows 10 PC Build 14316 released to Fast Ring Insiders
Microsoft has just released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Insider in the Fast Ring. The company was planning to roll out this PC build along with a Mobile build with the same number, but a major bug with the cellular connection caused a delay in the release. Microsoft is now working to fix the bug, so we may be able to test new Windows 10 Mobile build very soon.
The new Insider PC build includes tons of new features, most of them previewed at BUILD 2016. Here are some of them:
- Run native Bash on Ubuntu
- Cortana cross-device features: Low battery notifications, Find/Ring my phone, Share map and directions
- Cortana setup improvements
- Edge extensions improvements
- Skype Universal preview: an early version of the app
- Messaging Everywhere: [coming soon] an update of the mobile app (build) is required. You will be able to send and receive (phone) messages from your PC.
- Action Center: control and prioritize notifications
- New Emoji
- Dark theme: Windows PC will have a Dark theme, just like the Windows Phones. Settings → Personalization → Colors
- Continuum for Phones: new Connect app allows you to connect a Continuum-capable smartphone to a PC without a Dock or adapter
- Update process improvements
- New ‘Battery’ page with more information
- Feedback Hub: now shows responses from the engineering teem
Build 14316 also includes many bug fixes and some issues. Check them out here.