Improvements and fixes in Windows 10 Mobile build 14342
What’s been improved in Redstone build 14342
According to Microsoft, the new mobile preview build for Fast Ring Insiders includes many improvements and fixes.
Here is the list:
- We fixed an issue causing installation of mobile builds to fail with Error 80070002.
- Language and Speech Packs should download without any errors.
- We have fixed the issue causing DRM-protected content from services like Groove Music, Microsoft Movies & TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu to fail on playback with 0x8004C029 or 0x8004C503 errors.
- We fixed the issue where some users with some non-English keyboards were not able to enter letters such as w, y, and a when typing into the address bar of the Edge browser.
- We fixed the issue causing your phone to lock up and reboot when it receives a notification from an app that has “Keep notifications private on the lock screen” turned on under Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
- We increased font size and improved spacing of the data migration page after receiving an update.
- Polished icons used to identify pages in the Settings app – in particular, updated battery icon to be more consistent with the weight of the other icons.
- Improved performance when retrieving updated GPS coordinates while driving.
- Goodbye message on shutdown will now remain visible until the last moment, to make it easier to determine when your device is off.
- Polished the look of media controls on the Lock screen. When you press one of the media control buttons, it appears “pressed”.
- We fixed an issue where some apps, including Tweetium, would crash on launch.
- We fixed an issue where Action Center’s context menus would appear in the wrong orientation if the app underneath was in landscape mode.
- We fixed an issue where Lumia 435, 532, 535 and 540 would fail to record video, as well as an issue where advanced camera settings were not preserved when taking a photo with the Lumia 435, resulting in the photo being taken with default settings instead.
- Fixed an issue where the same device might be listed multiple times under Connect.
- Fixed an issue where quickly pressing the power button twice when Windows Hello is enabled could result in the display appearing stuck off.
- We fixed the issue where Groove Music might show an error saying “Can’t play – Another app is controlling your sound right now”.
- When delayed lock is setup, Windows Hello will now say “Swipe up to dismiss the lock screen”, rather than looking for your iris.
- We fixed an issue where Glance wouldn’t be displayed when hovering hand over proximity sensor.
- We fixed an issue where multiple UWPs might start crashing on launch after getting stuck on their splash screen.