How to access Glance Screen settings in Windows 10 Mobile Preview builds
A trick how to open Glance Screen if not available in Settings
One of the bugs found by users in the recent Windows 10 Insider Preview builds for Phones is the missing Glance Screen menu in Settings -> Extras.
In fact, the Glance may still be working after upgrading to the Windows 10 builds, but the problem is that users cannot change its preferences, as the Glance Screen disappears from the Settings.
Fortunately, there is a way to access Glance Screen to change the settings as you wish and even turn the feature off. Here is now:
- Download and Install an app called SysApp Pusher
This is a small and simple tool that helps you find all installed system apps, which are usually hidden.
- Open SysApp Pusher app
- Scroll down to find ‘Glance Screen’ and click on it
- The Store opens the Glance Screen app window.
- You will see a note that the app is not available, but after a while (30 sec to 1 min) you should see the ‘Install’ button popping up.
- Click on Install – the phone may reboot.
- Open SysApp Pusher app again, click on Glance Screen to find the app in the Store and you should see a button ‘Open’
- Click on the button and you will open the Glance Screen Settings.
This method has been proven to work on Lumia 1520 and Lumia 1020. Some of you may see the Open button at step 5, even without restarting the phone.