Groove Music updated for Insiders with ability to edit metadata and more
Microsoft adds new features to the Groove Music app
Groove Music for Windows 10 PC and Mobile has been updated for Insiders on the Fast Ring. The update (version 3.6.2386.0) brings many new features and improvements to Windows 10, which can now be tested in the Insider Program before Microsoft decides to release them to everyone.
Microsoft provides details about the new things in Groove Music in a forum post. The Windows 10 users can now edit album and track metadata locally on their devices. Other features include Curated Playlists, top artists & albums, new releases and more in the Explore section. Users can also mute specific songs in their playlists.
Here is the official changelog for Groove Music 3.6.2386.0:
- You can now edit the metadata for music saved locally! Right-click on an album or song and choose Edit Info.
- You can now see curated playlists, new releases, best new songs, top albums, and top artists…all by GENRE!! It’s available in US, UK, FR, CA, and DE
- Radio stations show up in Recent Plays in Your Groove
- You can check out which artists are included in a playlist in Explore more easily now because they are highlighted when you click on a playlist
- You can give feedback on playlists in Your Groove with a thumbs up or thumbs down. You can also mute specific songs in a Your Groove playlist if you don’t want to hear them anymore. Muted songs will be excluded when you play that playlist later or save a copy to your collection.