Firmware update for Lumia 950 / 950 XL improves performance, fixes bugs
Microsoft rolls out first firmware update to Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL
Users from all over the world are reporting that their Lumia 950 and 950 XL phones are getting a new firmware update named MICROSOFTMDG. The update seems to be rolling out gradually, starting from Europe, and depending on the network provider, so it should reach more phones within a day or two.
This update doesn’t change the OS version on both phones, but bumps the firmware build number to 01078.00027.15506.020xx which brings many improvements to the Lumia 950s.
According to the official changelog, the firmware update includes stability and performance improvements, and some fixes:
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Improvements for SD memory card support.
- Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
- Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
- Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.
The firmware update doesn’t depend on which version of the OS you have, and whether you are part of the Insider program or not. To check for new updates, go to Settings → Phone Update.