Facebook Messenger updated with instant photo sharing and group support
- On June 6, 2014
Facebook Messenger, one of the top-rated apps in the Windows Phone marketplace, picked up a new update bringing groups support, instant photo sharing and more. This is the second major update of the cross-platform messenger since its launch for Microsoft’s platform. The first update brought better notifications, the ability to save photos and some performance improvements. Now, version 5.0 is live in the Store offering more new features, according to the official changelog:
- Groups support – You can group people and keep them in one place. For example, create a new group ‘Close Friends’, set a group photo and add all friends you care the most for a quick access.
- Instant Photo Sharing – Facebook Messenger now lets you take and send photos directly from the app with just a few taps. You can also share images from the gallery.
- Performance Improvements – the app now consumes less data and its overall performance has been improved.
As you can see, there are not so many new features, but they are very important for anybody who uses Facebook Messenger to chat with friends. Now, sharing photos and grouping people is super easy, which should be warm-welcomed by all Windows Phone fans. Facebook Messenger version 5.0 can be downloaded from here.
Instagram deletes pictures from third-party Windows Phone apps... July 30, 2013 | Diyan
Skype Qik – a new video messaging app October 15, 2014 | Michael
Readit Universal app gets a right click menu to copy... May 10, 2016 | Windows Phone Area
6tin for Tinder gets an improved Home page... September 11, 2015 | Diyan
- Is Antivirus Enough for Windows Security in 2022?
- How the Gaming Industry is Influencing the Fashion World
- 7 Different Ways to Get Hired as an IT Professional in 2022
- Mobile Technology and Applications are Progressively Improving: The Trend of Gaming Apps
- How Online Gaming is Changed Due to the Rapid Rise and Development of Mobile Applications