Facebook Messenger updated with instant photo sharing and group support
- On June 6, 2014
Facebook Messenger, one of the top-rated apps in the Windows Phone marketplace, picked up a new update bringing groups support, instant photo sharing and more. This is the second major update of the cross-platform messenger since its launch for Microsoft’s platform. The first update brought better notifications, the ability to save photos and some performance improvements. Now, version 5.0 is live in the Store offering more new features, according to the official changelog:
- Groups support – You can group people and keep them in one place. For example, create a new group ‘Close Friends’, set a group photo and add all friends you care the most for a quick access.
- Instant Photo Sharing – Facebook Messenger now lets you take and send photos directly from the app with just a few taps. You can also share images from the gallery.
- Performance Improvements – the app now consumes less data and its overall performance has been improved.
As you can see, there are not so many new features, but they are very important for anybody who uses Facebook Messenger to chat with friends. Now, sharing photos and grouping people is super easy, which should be warm-welcomed by all Windows Phone fans. Facebook Messenger version 5.0 can be downloaded from here.
Piip – new cross-platform instant messaging app... May 8, 2014 | Diyan
Facebook 5.0 for Windows Phone 8 finally available... July 2, 2013 | Michael
WhatsApp receives a major update for Windows Phones... May 11, 2016 | Michael
BBM launch imminent, the app shows up in the Store... July 8, 2014 | Diyan
- Tips to Play Casino Games: Beginner’s Guide
- How the Gaming Industry is Influencing the Fashion World
- 7 Different Ways to Get Hired as an IT Professional in 2022
- Mobile Technology and Applications are Progressively Improving: The Trend of Gaming Apps
- How Online Gaming is Changed Due to the Rapid Rise and Development of Mobile Applications