How to extend the battery life of your Windows Phone
Battery life is probably one of the biggest issues related to the modern smartphones. Here’s our summary of useful tips on how to improve the battery life of your Windows Phone device.
Probably the fastest way is to use ‘Battery Saver’. You can go to Settings -> System -> Battery Saver and turn it on. By doing this, you will turn off some services while in standby.
However, it is better to optimize your phone yourself by adjusting the settings below:
- Screen brightness: tap on Settings -> Brightness and turn off ‘automatically adjust’. Select a level you prefer, low or medium are recommended.
- Screen time-out: You can reduce the time the display turns off. Set a shorter duration – 30 sec is recommended. This will save battery power. Go to Settings -> System -> Lock screen and set screen time out after 30 seconds.
- Touch sensitivity: You can opt out the high touch sensitivity of your display. High sensitivity allows you to use the touch screen when wearing gloves. Go to Settings -> Display + Touch and change the touch sensitivity to Normal.
- Wi-Fi Searching: Go to Settings – >System –> Wi-Fi -> Advanced (uncheck each option)
- Tap + send: Go to Settings -> System -> Tap + send (Turn off NFC sharing)
- Background apps: Go to Settings -> Applications -> Background tasks
- Block all apps that you don’t want to run in background. This will save your battery.
- Automatic Backups: Go to Settings -> Backup (Turn off each backup option)
- Email and accounts: Set the download frequency to the lowest possible. Go to Settings -> System -> Email + accounts
- Phone updates: Go to Settings -> System -> phone update and disable the option to automatically download Windows Phone updates